WHAT IS AMBIEN?
- Ambien belongs to the class of sedative / hypnotic drugs. Ambien affects unbalanced brain chemicals that can cause insomnia.
- Ambien has a sedative and relaxing effect. It is used to treat problems with sleep, such as the inability to fall asleep, frequent waking during the night, early morning waking. Ambien is intended only for short-term use – as a rule, no more than 7-10 days. Long-term use of the drug is permissible only under medical supervision.
- Ambien may be used for other purposes not described in this manual.
WHAT SHOULD I DISCUSS WITH A DOCTOR BEFORE RECEPTING AMBIEN?
- Before taking the drug, tell your doctor if you have;
- kidney disease;
- liver disease;
- alcohol or drug addiction;
- asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, or any other respiratory disease;
- depression or thoughts of suicide.
- If you suffer from one or more of the diseases listed above, you will not be able to take alprazolam, or you will need special dosing of the drug and constant monitoring during its use.
- Ambien is categorized as B by the FDA classification for pregnancy. This means that the harmful effects of the drug on the fetus is unlikely. Do not take ambien if you are pregnant or may become pregnant during the course of taking the drug, without first consulting with your doctor.
- Ambien enters the breast milk and can thus affect the baby. If you are a nursing mother, do not take the ambien without consulting a doctor.
- If you are over 60 years old, the likelihood of side effects of the drug is very high. You may need a reduced dose of ambien.
- According to the FDA (US Food and Drug Administration), ambien is not recommended for people under 18 years of age.
- Ambien should be used exactly as recommended by your doctor. To clarify the instructions for use, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- Take each dose with a full glass of water.
- Ambien is taken immediately before bedtime. You will be drowsy, you can fall and hurt yourself if you are not ready to go to bed.
- Take the ambien only if you are waiting for a full night’s sleep before the next activity.
- Do not exceed the prescribed dosage.
- You should not abruptly stop taking ambien if you have taken it for more than 1 or 2 weeks. There may be a withdrawal effect and cause a feeling of discomfort. If you need to stop taking the drug, consult your doctor.
- Store ambien at room temperature in a cool, dry place.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I MISS A PREPARATION?
- Since the ambien is designed to get rid of insomnia, in case of missing a drug, there will be no problems. The missed dose should be taken only if you guarantee 7-8 hours of good sleep after taking the drug. If you sleep for less than 7-8 hours, you may feel the “transfer effect” after waking up.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN THE CASE OF OVERDOSE OF THE DRUG?
- Seek medical attention immediately.
- Overdose symptoms include drowsiness, confusion, dizziness, shortness of breath, and unconsciousness.
- The need to take precautions when driving, operating industrial equipment or performing other hazardous work. Ambien causes drowsiness, possibly dizziness. In case of drowsiness or dizziness, you should refrain from dangerous activities. Ambien must be taken immediately before bedtime. The next day, perhaps the feeling of “transfer effect”.
- When taking ambien should refrain from alcohol. Alcohol in combination with ambien increases drowsiness and dizziness, which can be dangerous.
- Do not take other sedatives, insomnia pills and tranquilizers, including those that are sold over-the-counter. You should refrain from such preparations, unless otherwise recommended by a doctor.
Characteristics of the substance Tramadol
Tramadol hydrochloride is a white crystalline powder, odorless, bitter taste, soluble in water and ethanol.
Pharmacological action – analgesic (opioid).
Activates opiate receptors (mu, delta and kappa) on the pre- and postsynaptic membranes of the afferent fibers of the nociceptive system, in the brain and spinal cord, as well as in the gastrointestinal tract; promotes the discovery of potassium and calcium channels, causes hyperpolarization of the membranes and inhibits the conduction of nerve impulses. It slows down the destruction of catecholamines and stabilizes their content in the central nervous system. The analgesic effect is due to a decrease in the activity of nociceptive and an increase in the antinociceptive systems of the body. Inhibits the cerebral cortex, has a sedative effect, inhibits the cough and respiratory centers, stimulates the starting zone of the vomiting center, the nucleus of the oculomotor nerve; causes spasm of sphincter smooth muscles.
After ingestion, it is quickly and completely absorbed (90%), absolute bioavailability – 68%, Tmax – 2 hours. Plasma protein binding – 20%. The volume of distribution depends on the method of administration and is 306 and 203 liters after oral or intravenous administration, respectively. Passes through the BBB and other histohematogenous barriers, including the placental, is secreted into breast milk. Biotransformation is carried out in the liver with the participation of CYP2D6 and CYP3A4 isoenzymes, mainly by N- and O-demethylation with subsequent conjugation. Identified 11 metabolites, one of them – mono-O-dezmetiltramadol (M1) – has pharmacological activity. Excreted mainly by the kidneys (90%, of which about 30% – unchanged) and the intestine (about 10%). In violation of the functions of the liver and kidneys (Cl creatinine less than 80 ml / min), elimination slows down.
Use of the substance Tramadol
Pain syndrome of medium and strong intensity (including with malignant neoplasms, injuries, in the postoperative period). Pain relief during painful diagnostic or therapeutic interventions.
Hypersensitivity; conditions accompanied by respiratory depression or marked depression of the central nervous system (alcohol poisoning, sleeping drugs, narcotic analgesics, and other psychoactive drugs); risk of suicide, addiction to substance abuse, simultaneous administration of MAO inhibitors (and a period of 2 weeks after their withdrawal), severe hepatic and / or renal failure, pregnancy (I term), breastfeeding (in the case of long-term use), children up to 1 year (for parenteral administration) and up to 14 years (for oral administration).
Restrictions on the use of
Opioid addiction, impaired consciousness of various origins, increased intracranial pressure, TBI, epilepsy, abdominal pain of unknown origin (acute abdomen), impaired renal function and / or liver.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Appointment of tramadol is possible during pregnancy (II and III trimester) only under strict medical supervision, if the benefits to the mother outweigh the risk to the fetus.
Side effects of the substance Tramadol
From the nervous system and sensory organs: increased sweating, dizziness, headache, weakness, fatigue, lethargy, paradoxical stimulation of the central nervous system (nervousness, agitation, anxiety, tremor, muscle spasm, euphoria, emotional lability, hallucinations), drowsiness, sleep disorders , confusion of consciousness, impaired coordination of movements, instability of gait, convulsions of central genesis (with intravenous administration in high doses or with simultaneous prescription of antipsychotic drugs (neuroleptics), depression, amnesia, cognitive impairment, paresthesia, impaired vision, taste.
On the part of the digestive tract organs: dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, flatulence, abdominal pain, constipation / diarrhea, difficulty in swallowing.
Since the cardiovascular system and blood (blood, hemostasis): tachycardia, orthostatic hypotension, syncope, collapse.
From the genitourinary system: difficulty urinating, dysuria, urinary retention, menstrual disorders
Allergic reactions: urticaria, pruritus, rash, bullous rash.
Others: shortness of breath; with prolonged use – drug dependence, with abrupt cancellation – withdrawal syndrome.
Highly effective drug used for the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular diseases. It is also indicated in such diseases as depressive state, asthenic syndrome, chronic cholecystitis and urinary acid diathesis, and vascular dystonia of the hypotonic type.
All preparations of the Soma series have both common properties, which makes them in some cases interchangeable and individual. Below are the general properties of drugs:
Preparations of the Soma series are not an extract from medicinal plants and do not contain preservative substances. Preparations “Soma” – a holistic product of the most complex biological technologies. With such technologies, plant materials are processed by special microorganisms. In this case, the active substances are in an aqueous solution precisely in the form in which they can be completely absorbed by the body. The solution also contains all related substances. In the manufacture of preparations of the Soma series, individual healing components are not extracted. Soma cannot be divided into separate components without losing its healing properties.
All preparations of the Soma series are a liquid product of natural biological synthesis of plant raw materials without taste and smell, containing organ mineral complexes and physiologically active complexing organic substances. Soma contains: nicotinamide, long chain saturated alcohols, condensed cyclic hydrocarbons with unsaturated bonds. Of particular interest is the presence of recently discovered substances in Soma. These are flavonoids – substances that protect cells (prevent inflammation, slow down cell aging, inhibit the development of cancer cells, reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases).
The preparations of the Soma series also contain the richest set of trace elements, which, with daily prophylactic administration, fully compensates for their deficiency in the body.
Preparations of the Soma series, such as Soma, Soma-2, Soma-3, SoMatrix and BaoTan, have both common and individual properties. The drug “Soma” is a base product. Therefore, all other preparations of the Soma series, regardless of the intended purpose, have all the properties characteristic of the Soma base product. Differences of preparations from the base product consist in the fact that certain properties of the base product were strengthened with the aim of purposeful impact on individual organs. In the preparations “Soma-2”, “Soma-3” and “BaoTan” the concentrations of biologically active substances are also increased.
The main properties of drugs “Soma”
In most cases, “Soma” is taken to restore the homeostasis of the body and as a general tonic. A very powerful positive result is manifested when “Soma” is taken as an additional tool to the main course in the treatment of many diseases, including such as:
- hepatitis (including viral), liver cirrhosis, cholecystitis;
- chronic disorders of cerebral circulation (eliminates dizziness, improves memory), stroke prevention, increasing ischemic stroke, post-stroke states;
varicose veins, thrombophlebitis, darkening of the skin around the veins, trophic ulcers, diabetic foot;
- impaired peripheral circulation (relieves pain, fatigue, numbness and swelling in the extremities);
- deterioration of blood biochemical parameters in diabetes;
- gastritis, gastrointestinal ulcer, spastic colitis, hemorrhoids;
- reduction of the body’s defenses (immunodeficiency, including due to stress, physical overload, proximity to the screens of monitors and televisions);
frequent respiratory diseases, especially in children, chronic fatigue syndrome;
- significant blood loss, conditions after operations; conditions after radiation and chemotherapy;
- osteoporosis, osteochondrosis, chronic radiculitis, arthrosis, arthritis (rheumatoid, psoriatic, chlamydial);
- stress, sleep disturbance, chronic fatigue syndrome, “manager’s syndrome”, nervous breakdowns of mood in adolescents;
- dependence on alcohol, on substances with narcotic properties;
- decrease in sexual potency due to the deterioration of microcirculation and lack of confidence;
- trophic ulcers, burns, intractable dermatosis;
The use of Soma is very effective in:
- prevention of mastopathy, myoma, cervical erosion, endometriosis, benign cysts, polyps;
- prophylaxis and rehabilitation for prostate adenoma;
- prevention and treatment of asthma, allergic manifestations and other diseases associated with impaired immune system and metabolic disorders of the body.
Soma is recommended to be taken in conjunction with any drugs, as this increases the effect of the drug itself, and the side effects are reduced. Soma incompatibility with other drugs have not been identified.